The COMPLETE Tour of my HOME MANAGEMENT BINDER (Part 1 of 2)

ImageIt’s here!  The complete tour of my home-management binder.

Let me start with two warnings.

1)    This series contains fifty pictures total.  (I wanted to be thorough, okay?)  Luckily for you, it’ll be in two separate parts so you won’t get lost in all the scrolling…

2)    The handwriting you find here was meant for my eyes only when written.  I re-wrote nothing for the camera, so you get to see my authentic, hurried scribbles.  Judge not.

The first thing you’ll find inside the front cover is my pocket for my tool-like essentials.  Dry-erase markers, pencils, gel pens, hole punch reinforcement thingies, and sticky notes.

My inside cover.  Really, just an excuse to write my family’s names somewhere.  (We put so much work into picking them out, after all!)  And now it’s personalized, see?

My 2013 goals/New Years Resolutions… I like to keep them right up front so I can see them often.

My calendar (PlanAhead from Wal-Mart).

As you can see, it’s nothing fancy.  Just a place to write events and appointments.  (NOTE: I have a week-at-a-glance dry erase board on my fridge, which I’ll transfer information from this to once a week.)

A booklet with my entire church’s emails, phone numbers, and addresses.  (We’re a really social church, so it gets used a lot).

Finally, with the introductory essentials out of the way, we reach tab #1.  My Routines.

I love how these dividers also have folder pockets.  Here I keep my chart for tracking my BBT each morning, but really the possibilities are endless.

Another morning essential, my prayer list.  You can find out more about how I organize that *here*.

My daily routine with my Monthly Goals attached by a sticky note.  I don’t map out my routine according to the clock.  Instead, I find my productivity revolves around my little ones’ nap times.

I keep my most commonly used pages in page protectors and use dry erase markers to check things off.  When I’m done, I just wipe it clean.

Here are my weekdays at-a-glance.  I follow a mixture of flylady and Large Family Logistics, personalized to fit my family, of course.

Because I help my husband a lot with our at-home business (Pride & Prejudoodles), we have a teenage girl come over and help me catch up with home things a couple tomes a month.  Here is where I list things (in dry erase) that I want her help with.  It’s empty because she came over recently.  I love Christy.  🙂

Next up, my current month goals.  I have pre-written one for each month of the year and they are completely reusable.

I also have the rest of my monthly goals at hand so I can look ahead if I want to.

My birthday file (I’ll transfer these to my calendar each year).

Tab #2, my kids’ folder.  (If you’re just now joining us, I currently have an almost-three-year-old and a 10 month old).

Just a few odds and ends kept in my folder.  I have a couple birth-stat print-outs I want to hang in the boys’ bedroom eventually.  I also have a church bulletin I brought home to remind me of all the liturgical songs we repeat each week.  I want to teach them to my toddler so he can participate in worship alongside us.

Next are my preschool goals for Gabriel so I can cross-things off as we learn them.  You can find all my toddler goals for him *here*.

An awesome print-out my Mom gave to me several years ago.  It has different ways to practically teach character traits to your children.  I am unsure of this page’s source, so if anyone recognizes it, please give me a shout-out!

Dosing instructions for infant tyelenol.  My doctor gave this to me, which is amusing if you notice the directions in the lower right.

Directions for resolving sibling squabbles in a biblical manner (from raisingolives.com).  Love this!

The scope-and-sequence my husband and I made together for our kids.  Basically, the guidelines of what we want to teach our kids by certain ages.  We have things mapped out to age 16 here.  (And yes, I’m fully aware we’ll have to figure out some things as we go along and make adjustments).  This is just so we have an idea of where we’re headed.

Don’t forget to go onto Part 2 *here* with Menu Planning Info, Finances, and More!

Want to make your own Home Management Binder?  Join me for this baby-step challenge here!

You may also enjoy…

Untitled

32 thoughts on “The COMPLETE Tour of my HOME MANAGEMENT BINDER (Part 1 of 2)

1. Misty says:

Thank you for sharing! I would love to have a copy of the core values for kids. You are so lucky to have had that passed onto you. 🙂 Great post!

• Thank you, Misty! I’m not sure what the legality of passing on a photocopy with an unknown source is (I’d hate to be breaking someone’s copyright), but I’ll ask my Mom and see if I can track it’s origins down! Thanks for reading!

2. Christy Z says:

Thanks so much for sharing your planner! I love it! 🙂

3. Tami says:

Thank you for sharing. It really got me thinking of what I may need in my new organizer ; )

4. Jessamine says:

how cool! thanks for sharing! you’re very organized!!

5. Debbie says:

Wow! You’ve done a great job! Thanks for visiting my blog today! I answered your question about the Cash Binder there. Come back soon!

6. Riette says:

Hi, just found your blog, and it is inspiring! I found the list of core values here: http://www.valuesdrivenfamily.com/downloads/Core%20Value%20Progress%20Chart.pdf, and accessible from this page: http://valuesdrivenfamily.com/freebies/
    Thanks for the inspiration!

7. Gloria says:

Hi there, I just discovered your blog and found this entry while perusing. Thank you so much for sharing your home management wisdom! I love the snippet of “scope and sequence” goals for your kids that you shared. Would it be possible to share the remaining years? If you’ve already done that elsewhere, just point me to the right direction. Thank you!

I’m planning on posting that up soon! Stay tuned! Thanks for reading, Gloria!

• Courtney says:

I would also love to see the rest of your ‘scope and sequence” goals! I have a 14-month-old daughter and it would be wonderful to have a list of specific developmental/spiritual growth goals to work towards each year.
        My husband and I just found out that our second baby is on the way and I’m hoping to either find or create a list of age appropriate learning activities and fun games for each month of the first year and for the years leading up to school age. Do you know if such a list exists somewhere already?
        Thank you, Kelsey, for taking the time to share your binder and your desire to organize life in a way that brings God praise! I hope that making my own binder will help me make our home a more joyful place to be as it reminds me to orient my life around my relationship to Christ.

Great thoughts, Courtney! I actually did publish my scope and sequence goals. You can find it under the Living with Littles category on the left under the Ages 1-16 plan. I’m afraid I’m not really sure about that month-by-month list. I think it’s a hard thing to do since little ones vary so much in their likes/interests/abilities during that first year, but let me know if you find something like that. It sounds like it would be fun to read through!

Thanks for reading! Have fun with your binder.

8. Jessica says:

For anyone that wants the link to print out the Acetaminophen Dosing Chart…

9. Jessica says:

LOVE your binder idea. Great set up!

10. fake oakleys says:

fake oakleys

Hey! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading your articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects? Thanks!

Thank you, fake oakleys! Hmm… I’m not sure of any blog that covers the exact same stuff that I do, but some of my favorite blogs to follow have been feminagirls.com, littlehouseinthehills.blogspot.com, and cornerstoneconfessions.com. Each of those are worth visiting for sure. Thanks for asking and reading. We’re glad to have you.

11. lina says:

I am relatively new to your blog so I like your showing us some older posts 😉 Thank you for this one , really enjoyed it and got many tips .Off to part 2 !

12. Yvonne says:

Great timing! I am overhauling my home binder. I really enjoy your blog. It reminds me of my early mommy days, all the excitement over “firsts”. It keeps me from taking for granted my latest little ones “firsts”. FYI, I have 8 children ranging from a college grad to 4 year old twins. Thanks!

13. Caroline says:

Love the idea of a binder! Keeps everything in one place. Very neat & organized! I’ve already begun making my own 🙂 BTW I also love how you have your goals in front. Very special. I had an awesome time making mine. Thank you so much!

14. valemon2000 says:

Love, love, love your blog and this great idea for a binder (a.k.a. brain)! My 27-year old daughter stumbled onto your site and thought I might find some ideas here to more effectively organize myself as I raise her 3-year old Tasmanian devil of a baby brother. You have such wisdom for such a young lady!

The only tweak I’ve made so far in copy catting your binder was to list each month’s ‘birthdays and special days’ right under each month’s page of ‘monthly goals’. I’ll of course also list them on my calendar.

Keep up the good work! Praying for you and your family!

15. Kelli says:

The print out that your mom gave you looks similar to one from Doorpost…not sure if it’s the same one…love your posts!

16. Amanda says:

This looks like FlyLady.net! She has you use a binder system with the routines and the day of the week jobs, too. So funny you both had the same idea! Love your goals…great thinking!