Welcome back to The ORGANIZED Work-At-Home Mom Challenge! You can find the beginning of this challenge *here*.
It’s Day #3 already! Today we’re actually going to start into the nitty-gritty life planning. Normally, I write down all my priorities and goals each January in typical New Year’s Resolution-style. I fully realize that this is October, but I’d encourage you to look ahead fourteen months to the end of 2014 anyway. After all, who says we have to wait until January to start getting our lives better organized?
So for days 3 through 7 of this challenge, we’re going to be taking a look at our priorities and deciding where we’d like to be with each of them. Don’t worry about how to get there just yet. Right now, we’re just writing down our ideal destination. We’ll worry about the travel details later.
I’ve divided my main priorities into these categories, organized by order of importance. Today we’ll be focusing on the first.
- As a Daughter of Christ
- As a Wife to Joshua
- As a Mother to Gabriel & Matthias
- As a Daughter, Sister, and Friend
- As Worker of/to (my various money-making endeavors and hobbies)
So, if you are also a Daughter of Christ, now is your chance to start looking at that area of your life. Have you been finding time to read your Bible on a regular basis? How is your prayer-life? Have you a particular sin you’ve been struggling with? Have you been making it to worship on Sundays? Have you been ministering to the Body of Christ as it has need?
Now’s the time to write it all down. Be specific and don’t be ashamed. God already knows our weaknesses. What’s more, He’s promised to help us overcome them when we turn to Him.
You may already have a working system for reading your Bible or helping your church on a regular basis. That’s wonderful. Just use this time to write down some specific prayer requests, verses/chapters you’d like to memorize, or books you’d like to read.
Now if this area of your life has been neglected but you’d like to change that, don’t be discouraged. Write down where you’d like to be just the same. Even if your goals seem lofty and far-away at this point, we will be breaking them down into smaller baby steps later on.
Here are a few of my goals in this area:
- Pray each morning (Praise God, Confess sins, Thank Him, Supplicate for our Family, Church, and Nation) (you can find our more about how I organize my prayer-time *here*)
- Finish the One Year Bible
- Continue Memorizing Proverbs (1 Chapter per Month)
- Read Literature to Better Myself as a Christian Wife and Mother
- This Year’s Specific Request – That God would grant children to [a friend of mine struggling with infertility].
You can find Day 4 of this challenge *here*.