A Hypothetical Once-A-Month Question

Once a month, I toss a question out to all my readers.  This is mostly because I love it when this blog becomes a two-way affair.  You all get to know me on a regular basis, but now I want to know about YOU.

In the past, I’ve asked questions from how old your kids are to what sort of holiday traditions your family enjoys.  But today, I have a more fun way of getting to know your personality.  Are you ready for it?  Here it goes…

Hypothetically, what would the world be like if everyone in it thought and acted just like you?

What would be the pros and the cons?  I’ll go first.

Pros: People would be a lot more on time, organized, tidy, and disciplined.  I would like to think there would be less waste, chaos and overall stress.

Cons: There would be less interaction.  Everyone would probably stick around home all day (except for church and twice a month shopping trips).  I very much depend on others to get me socializing and out of the house.  Also, the world would be so predictable, it might get boring.

Your turn!  I’m looking forward to getting to know you on a ‘grander’-scale!

13 thoughts on “A Hypothetical Once-A-Month Question

1. Heidi says:

The world would be one big nervous wreck! They would also start a million projects , never finishing one, leaving us in utter chaos.

Oh come now, Heidi! Perhaps finishing things isn’t your strength, but there has to be some pros somewhere! 😉

2. Lisa says:

If everyone were just like me, punctuality would be a thing of the past. I would expect people 10 minutes either side of our approximate appointed time. Everyone would be really organized and love to grow flowers and veggies. Everyone would think chickens are hilarious, even though they would find them to be quite dumb.

The down side of that is that nothing would ever get done on time and everyone would get annoyed if somebody messed with their meal plan/budget. That could get ugly. 😉

Ha! I can relate with the meal plan/budget. Perhaps if everyone were like us, we could pronounce it a capital crime or something.

3. Tricia Regar says:

What a fabulous question. I can’t wait to read all the answers!

If everyone in the world were JUST LIKE ME… hmm…

Pros: Homes would be cleaner and more organized. Everyone would be *excited* about spending less, *storing* less, and shopping at Children’s Place! 😉 Hehe.

Cons: The world would be full of stressed-out, worried, frustrated people but then again, if everyone was always acting exactly like me, I wouldn’t have NEARLY as many reasons to get frustrated!! :-p). There would also be a lack of animals–except maybe for some deer, birds, and rabbits. I. don’t. like. animals. (I might see this as a “pro,” but most people would see this as a con :-)).

So what you’re saying is: Children’s Place would become the next superstore chain and my Pride and Prejudoodles business would be sunk. Haha!

4. Cassie says:

What a fun question! Kinda a tough one though, let’s see…

Pros: There would be less confrontation because I hate it, and people would generally get along. Everyone would love to read for fun and be simultaneously obsessed with cooking and exercising. (I’m not sure if obsession with both is necessarily good?) Oh and everything you could slap a name or monogram on, it would be done. =)

Cons: Everyone would struggle with getting anywhere on time, and no one could remember to do anything unless they wrote it down and looked at it everyday for several days in advance of having to do said thing. Everyone would drive too fast.

This is so fun to read! I think I could easily become a monogram-obsessed person, since I love labeling things. What sort of items do you monogram most and what do you use to do so?

5. Cassie says:

Several shops in our town do sewn-in monogramming, but it can get expensive (the biggest shop charges $8 for a 3-letter monogram) I have a friend who has a monogramming sewing machine at her house, she runs a small at-home business, but she’ll do me things for a better price. Maybe one day I can get my own machine but I think they are pretty pricey too. When Allie was a baby, I monogrammed EVERYTHING-burp clothes, bibs, bags, clothes lol Now, it’s mostly clothes I get done, and then Allie’s bag/lunchbox for playshool. I want to get one of those Cricut’s too, so I can do vinyl monograms on hard surfaces too! lol

6. Megan says:

Ha ha. Funny question.
    Cons- everyone would start trying to be so frugal that half the companies of the world would go bankrupt. Including toilet paper, disposable diaper and laundry detergent companies. Poor things.
    Pros- everyone would play piano so we could all do awesome duets, much less confrontation. And the people that make r rated movies would go out of business leaving entertainment much cleaner but just as much fun

I was a piano teacher for 6 years and still teach 3 students ‘part-time’. If we ever bump into each other, we should play a duet. 😉 Also, your movie world sounds awesome. 😉 Thanks for sharing, Megan!

7. lisa says:

I love reading all these answers! I could totally live in a world with less advertising and pointless merchandise and no R rated movies. A world with no indoor animals also holds its allure. I love critters, but prefer them to be outside. We have a cat and she is mostly outdoors (except in the winter when she spends all her time sleeping on my daughter’s bed). I also like the idea of piano music everywhere. I could get dig that. It would go nicely with the flowers everyone would grow. 😉