Day #3 – Busy Mom’s Spring Cleaning Challenge

day3

All right, are you ready to get your hands dirty and your house clean?  Let’s get this party started!

Day #3’s challenge is to Wash All Bedding.

If you’re anything like me, you probably wash your sheets on a more-or-less regular basis, but that comforter on top gets ignored.  Today’s the day to stick that baby in the wash.  Be sure to wash it on a gentle cycle and dry on medium heat if you’re worried about how it will hold up.  If your comforter is a thick one like mine, start the wash/drying process in the morning so that it will be ready to put back on your bed by nighttime.  The nights have been cold lately so you’re going to want it.

Don’t stop at your comforter.  Get the kids’ and guest bed covers too!  Hooray for clean bedding!

Don’t forget to comment below after you complete this task.  After I complete mine, I will be posting Before and After pictures on my facebook page (some tasks will show a more obvious difference than others).  I’d be thrilled if you’d join me!  Come and show me pictures of your clean, prettily-made bed!

Extra Credit ideas for the Super-Motivated:

Toss your bedskirt in the wash and/or get someone to help you flip your mattress.

To find the complete list of upcoming challenges and see the prizes waiting for you at the end, click on the picture below.

day 1

40 thoughts on “Day #3 – Busy Mom’s Spring Cleaning Challenge

1. Jillian says:

I love this spring cleaning challenge. My house could really use it. I like how you gave out the schedule for the whole month in advance. I knew I would be busy today and wouldn’t have time to wash the bedding today so I did it this past weekend. I also love the catch-up day since the weekdays are busy, anything I miss I can do that day. Plus the chance to win a prize is a good motivator.

2. tami says:

I love washing comforters and cleaning everything but in bite size pieces!

3. Stephanie Pierce says:

I’ve got four loads done already and it’s not even noon! I should be done in about four more loads! Thanks for the challenge!

4. MamaFlew17 says:

Bedding is done.

5. Candice says:

Done! Thankfully we only have 2 beds in our household! I’d post photos on Facebook but the rooms are currently occupied by napping children 🙂

6. Kaylee Trammell says:

Everything is washed…just waiting on the last load (my sheets/comforter) to dry (and, don’t worry, there’s no chance that I won’t be putting them back on my bed…I do NOT sleep without sheets!). Coming from a family that washed sheets weekly, I had to adjust my “expectations” when I started having kids. Do sheets REALLY need to be washed every week? Well, okay, sometimes they have to get washed several times in one week or even one day, depending upon what’s going on… 🙂 But, I started *not* washing my sheets weekly. That being said, however, I did actually wash sheets last week. So, I had fully intended to put off doing the bedding until later in the week. Then, I read the full post about comforters, spot cleaning, etc. and remembered that my comforter actually did have a spot that I needed to take care of. I also thought that if you had fun little reminders of things to take care of for the rest of the weeks’ “chores,” I might do tomorrows project today and miss out on the fun extra tips you might offer. 🙂 In light of that, I decided to stick to the schedule. 🙂 Thanks for facilitating a motivating cleaning schedule. 🙂

Haha, my pleasure! Yes, I tend to wash my own sheets every other week around here, but my boys’ beds get changed more often depending on who wets the bed (tends to happen sometime between my every two week routine). ‘Tis the life of littles, I suppose!

7. alligoberlies says:

all the bedding is washed and bedroom is picked up. Day 3 done!

8. Taryn says:

I have the last of all 5 beds in the wash, took most the day but totally worth it!

Thanks!

9. Carrie M says:

Mostly done. One comforter to do tomorrow.

10. Coco says:

I am on the second to last load of bedding. We had doctor appointments so its been taking all day in between running around to get them in! Thanks for the challenge!

11. Brandi says:

Done! Well, almost. Last load is still in the dryer. I had to scramble to find extra blankets for our 5 year old at bedtime, since his are not quite dry yet, lol.

12. Sarah says:

Done! Bring on tomorrow’s challenge:)

13. Alina says:

Done! I had to take one comforter to the dry cleaners since it won’t fit in a regular washing machine! But other than that I’m finished 😉

14. Becke says:

Did my comforter, son is still in crib with no comforter, just blankets, which are regularly washed every monday along with the rest of our bedding. I try to follow your weekly home management binder routine.

15. Aubrey says:

Done! I’ve been trying to get on a regular washing schedule for all of my bedding, so this was a great start!

16. Megan says:

Did it, and I did the extra challenge, washed the bed skirt and flipped the mattresses that can be flipped

17. Laurie says:

Done!

18. Tiana says:

I’m late, but it’s finally done!

19. Carrie M says:

Done. Finished the last comforter the next day. Love how clean the bedroom still smells!

20. Belita says:

Done 🙂

21. Stephanie says:

All done 🙂

22. gailmasinda says:

A long work week (I’m a church musician, beginning of Lent and all…), but catching up today. All bedding washed, mattresses flipped..and I found a little mending that needed to be done on one comforter — also now DONE. Whew.

23. Angela Norbut says:

Did it

24. tessfull2 says:

I finished washing the bedding last night. 🙂 Hooray! I started the cleaning challenges a bit late so I am playing catch-up. I love using Tide with febreeze for my bedding b/c it smells so good.

25. Lauren johnson says:

Finally finished! I had to wait until I could use my mom’s washer to wash my big, fluffy comforter.