To Clean Your Sink:
- Remove any cups, soap bottles, or sponges and thoroughly rinse your sink.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the sink’s surface and scrub into a paste (don’t forget that often-gross garbage disposal flap!)
- Rinse your sink out with water and dry with a soft, dry rag until it shines!
- Clean your soap bottles and sponge holders thoroughly with soap before returning them.
To Clean Your Dishwasher:
- Place a dishwasher-safe cup with white vinegar on the top rack of the dishwasher. Use the hottest water setting available and run the dishwasher through a full cycle. Other than the cup of vinegar, the dishwasher needs to be empty.
- Next, sprinkle a cup of baking soda around the dishwasher’s base and run it through another short cycle on hot.
Extra Credit Ideas for the Super Motivated:
Sink: If you have any discolored caulk or dirt-catching cracks along the side, clean that with a bit of baking soda paste and an old toothbrush.
Dishwasher: Take a soapy rag and clean the inside and outside of your dishwasher door. Don’t forget to wipe down the buttons and display window too!