Dear Baby Aaron

Baby Aaron

Dear Baby Aaron,

Happy birthday in heaven, little one. It just struck me, that you’ll be turning 4 up there today. That’s hardly a baby anymore, but calling you anything other than ‘Baby Aaron’ seems strange. As a four-year-old, I bet you’re roughousing all over those streets of gold with your friends. I can’t help but wonder… Are you loud and rambunctious? Or are you a bit shy and thoughtful?

Although we were not gifted with watching you grow up here, I’ve been keeping busy raising your older brother, Gabriel, younger brothers Matthias and Becket, and growing your mystery sibling, Eden or Judah (due July). I bet if you asked God, he’d tell you who it is ahead of time, but then, perhaps your patience surpasses mine. (We are related genetically, so perhaps I passed that impatient curiosity on?)

I wonder, do you keep up with what’s going on down here? Are you a part of the ‘cloud of witnesses’ watching us below? Or are you having too much fun learning your way around? I mean, I wouldn’t blame you. If you were a typical four year old, you may be more excited about your next adventure or that collection of angel feathers? Do you have a favorite fruit from the Tree of Life? I hear it makes twelve different kinds. I’m excited to try it!

I’m sure the line is long, but I recommend catching King David or C.S. Lewis if you’re old enough to sit through some grand adventure stories. Your brothers, Gabriel and Matthias, are serious fans of both, but we won’t have the pleasure of meeting them for a while. I’m assuming you actually can.

Whether or not you get this letter, I’ll be praying you have a bit of extra fun up there today. Give Jesus a hug from me and tell him I’m missing him too. Tell him {again} how grateful I am that he conquered death for us, so that we can officially meet again.

–Your Momma

January 11th, 2016

9 thoughts on “Dear Baby Aaron

1. Jen says:

Such a sweet letter. I am so sorry for the loss of your son. 🙁

But congratulations on expecting again!!!!!!

2. Brenda Gates says:

P.S. Nina misses you too. Hugs!

3. So beautiful. On this side of heaven, I’m sure your heart will always be breaking for your son, but what a blessing to be able to take the eternal view. May you feel the Lord’s presence with you in a special way today, and may He continue to grace your home with deep and abiding love.

4. Angelika says:

So sweet….wait…did you just make a tiny little pregnancy announcement ? Wow….come on, that deserves its own post girl! In all that free time you have, right?… How exciting! And brave…lol..we had our babies round the same time and I am nowhere near ready for the next. You are very blessed! I am sure God will equip you for this. I love both your baby names!!!

Official post probably coming sometime soon. 😉 It’ll probably be about how God counters my control-freak tendencies by surprising us with babies when we least expect it. Haha

5. Sherry says:

You definitely are a gifted and blessed mother. I am sorry for your loss 4 years ago, I can only imagine the long suffering you have endured. I am sure you can now understand that Jesus took that precious boy so he would not have to suffer life on Earth. I suffered a loss of a child at 10 weeks of pregnancy in 2007, but that loss came as a blessing because I did not have Jesus in my heart then and it was an unplanned baby with a man I had done something very unchristian with. I often wonder about that child, but now I rejoice that he/she is in heaven with Jesus and someday I will meet him/her.

6. Audrey DENIS says:

I suffered the loss of baby #1 in 2004 but was blessed with the arrival of Marceau in 2005 and Arthur in 2010. I am so grateful to have 2 happy and healthy sons. Thank you for this beautiful post, Kelsey.

7. Hannah Brown says:

…And now I am crying and in awe at what an amazing woman I’ve had the pleasure to meet and be around.

8. Ashley says:

Such a touching post! I miss reading your blog, and I hope you and you’re family are doing well!